Skip to main content

Mr Fidel


It's been a long, hard and difficult week. I think I've learnt so much this week, it's felt like a month. My little love, Fidel was taken to the vet on Monday because he'd eaten stones and they were making him sick. I took time off work to see, amongst other things, his blood for the first time, when thet game him IV.

On Wednesday, he shat something that looked like a body part (which turned out to be his stomach lining) covered in blood, and I panicked. I'd spent two hours of Tuesday evening force feeding, cajoling him into eating one scoop of ice cream. I got to the doctors, and I was not alone. Nt the whole night, with everyone that was anyone there, and the doctors decided that Fidel needed to spend the night thtere, for an X Ray, blood tests and other things that would determine whether or not the stones would be flushed out on their own, with help or if it was, the last option- surgery.

Thursday the results came out, and surgery it was. The vet also asked me if Fidel was circumcised, and he wasn't. And then we realized that he suffered a genetic condition, that would make him infertile, where his testicles had not descended and were still somewhere in his body. I found this amusing, because I was still unsure of whether neutering was to be the right thing for him.

The surgery took two hours, I went it for some of it. The doc explained the intestine to me, ofcourse using Fidel's intestine that was lying out on the table like a prop. Showed us the stones (Bhav was with me, along with Nandu n Ray). While traumatizing me (it took me a couple of minutes to adjust to the smell, the sight and the blood)- it helped to understand, this little thing, that I loved, that couldn't speak and didn't show any pain.

I went to see him yesterday, and he's doing well. Took him for a quick walk, spent time with him while they gave him his drips. He was barking about the fact that he had to stay there, I can bring him home in a couple of days.

So this is my long week. I hope my last long week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrations

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 16 ; the sixteenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . It was a hard ground that felt like sand paper. When he started his journey, it was the soles of his feet that were in contact with the ground, but now as he pulled himself closer to the station, it was his whole body. His elbows were scraped, bloody and fresh scab peeled bled out to leave a trail of red on the wicked hot dusty ground of pain and suffering. All around him slow moving bodies crawled towards the direction of hope, all along leaving patterns of blood, sweat, skin and pus. These bodies had seen civil wars, droughts, genocide and lived to tell a tale of a people who now belonged to a nation listed as one of the poorest countries in the world. This is now, but before the list, was a struggle of massive proportions, under reported and quietly hidden

Escape

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 10 ; the tenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . The Temple Widow A narrow dirt path, generously peppered with tiny pebbles, tiny miniatures of their gargantuan ancestors, leads to a bridge. It hangs, rickety and old. Old but not well used, old like abandoned and not frequently used. The bridge hangs low over a small stream that slowly gurgles past, happy unlike those that visit the place. The bridge leads to a temple. It is not very big, only perhaps the size of a small hut and at the most the size of an average temple hall. The temple has no deity; the temple has no one corner that doesn’t look like the other. It is clean, well swept, and empty. It has no furniture, and excepting a series of well spaced out windows, the walls remains uninterrupted. She stumbles in, the lady. She is not very tal

Time Travel

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 8 ; the eighth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . I haven't got the memory of a vedic tantric. Neither do I ever claim to remember all. All I know is what I know, question my memory if you want to. I don't ask you to remember, I don't ask you to believe. In fact, I'm not asking you for anything at all. It is your choice to be here, to read this. So no, I don't owe you a favor. I happened to chance upon a watch, on one of my travels. Turning the dials of such a watch, could transport you to the past, to the future, to any time. But time, my friend, is not how you think it is. It is not a straight line, and you cannot just by chance hop into the world of dinosaurs and wooden weapons. It is a series of transparencies, like films of clean sheets of paper laid on top of each other. You look from above