Skip to main content

Bommanahali

A week or so ago, got on the bike with a friend and went sight seeing. We were on the bike for a good four hours or so, and I ended up getting sunburns along my cheeks. Now I get why ladies use their shawls to cover their heads and faces. Here I thought, they did that because they were unhappy getting darker.



First we went on the new flyover connecting private traffic from Bommanahalli to Electronic city. And I spotted the Infosys building which I had never seen before. Quite a sight! Especially the sight of the background on the windows of the building.







Then we drove to
Central Prison, with it's vastness and grayness I was dissuaded from taking any snaps. Tried to google the same, but doesn't look like there is a pic that exists of the same.


Then we went into B
egur Road, to the 1300-year-old Sri Pancha Lingaeshwara Temple. Now in near ruin, desperately in need of a make over. Co-incidentally carvings on the temple are meant to have the first record of this city's name- Bengaluru. Given it's stature, I was surprised at its current state. We need to protect this heritage!













The evening settled and we ran into giant hanuman statue around HSR Layout. I'm unsure of where we were at this point, those of you more familiar with the area could give me some pointers of where this statue is located. It said something in Kannada, I'm sure it's one of the largest representations of the God, in some context. Just unsure of what context that would be.










Following the adventure of the day, we had lunch at this find rip off of KFC...BFC! It hosted specials like Zinker Burgers, and some originals like Filafils with garlic mayonaise.

I thought it was apt for us to cap the day off here, I thought BFC stood for Bangalore Fried Chicken.. but it was not to be. It stands for Bigboy Fried Chicken.. :(




So that was my Bangalorean Sunday Adventure. Plans for tomorrow may have Nandi Hills.. which I have never been to. Crossing fingers and hope it happens!




Comments

Mural! said…
I've seen that BFC before :D There's a counter even in Garuda Mall's foodcourt!
Saro said…
That's strange, I've never seen it at all. Mmmmm Need to get out more often :)
Hitesh Rawat said…
man....BFC....haven't heard of it.....
well also i can say that the nandi hill trip didn't went well huhhh...or else you must have blogged abt it......

it's good you got to see the different parts of Benagluru....atleast a good start....i'm more confined to South Benagluru.....

\,,/
aceStreamin said…
im a patron of BFC(live rite next to it...no other go)....on the chefs good day,the chicken and fries beats KFC hollow.
Saro said…
Hitesh: I didn't go to Nandi hills.. plan got scrapped, didn't think it was wise to get on the road and go so far with the muthalik incident.. especially to a place known for its love birds. And yea, dude, Bangalore is so BIG!

ACE: I can't seem to get to your blog and also no waaaay! KFC rocks, especially original recipe. but then again, I'm sure even the chef doesn't know when his good day is. Lol. So when it does happen, this once in a blue moon affair, gimme a holler and i'll rush over.
Hitesh said…
hey ...Muthalik got his face painted black one of the youth congress member.....that was awesome video....

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrations

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 16 ; the sixteenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . It was a hard ground that felt like sand paper. When he started his journey, it was the soles of his feet that were in contact with the ground, but now as he pulled himself closer to the station, it was his whole body. His elbows were scraped, bloody and fresh scab peeled bled out to leave a trail of red on the wicked hot dusty ground of pain and suffering. All around him slow moving bodies crawled towards the direction of hope, all along leaving patterns of blood, sweat, skin and pus. These bodies had seen civil wars, droughts, genocide and lived to tell a tale of a people who now belonged to a nation listed as one of the poorest countries in the world. This is now, but before the list, was a struggle of massive proportions, under reported and quietly hidden

Escape

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 10 ; the tenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . The Temple Widow A narrow dirt path, generously peppered with tiny pebbles, tiny miniatures of their gargantuan ancestors, leads to a bridge. It hangs, rickety and old. Old but not well used, old like abandoned and not frequently used. The bridge hangs low over a small stream that slowly gurgles past, happy unlike those that visit the place. The bridge leads to a temple. It is not very big, only perhaps the size of a small hut and at the most the size of an average temple hall. The temple has no deity; the temple has no one corner that doesn’t look like the other. It is clean, well swept, and empty. It has no furniture, and excepting a series of well spaced out windows, the walls remains uninterrupted. She stumbles in, the lady. She is not very tal

Time Travel

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 8 ; the eighth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . I haven't got the memory of a vedic tantric. Neither do I ever claim to remember all. All I know is what I know, question my memory if you want to. I don't ask you to remember, I don't ask you to believe. In fact, I'm not asking you for anything at all. It is your choice to be here, to read this. So no, I don't owe you a favor. I happened to chance upon a watch, on one of my travels. Turning the dials of such a watch, could transport you to the past, to the future, to any time. But time, my friend, is not how you think it is. It is not a straight line, and you cannot just by chance hop into the world of dinosaurs and wooden weapons. It is a series of transparencies, like films of clean sheets of paper laid on top of each other. You look from above