Skip to main content

Indi Blogger Meet- Actual

So this is a long delayed post as it has been pointed out by most people. I'm sure there are many more reviews up on the site, so I shall keep it short and hopefully sweet ;-P

Firstly: I got there earlier than expected, and found the place easier than I anticipated. So I took a walk around the neighbourhood, to find that the streets are mostly dead ends and the same people kept hanging around outside. For fear of being called a crazy lost person, walking under a very hot sun, I quickly ran back to Kyra, the venue and found the blogger meet.

The Venue: I discovered that there was a fine restaurant-theater that I for some reason never heard about (but I had, but it was presented to me as a place where musical acts perform, not theater and they didn't tell me the place served food!)

The crowd: The first person I spoke with was a sweet lady whose name was Sowmya, that I bumped into in the lift. We kindda hung out together the rest of the afternoon/evening. The first person that smiled at crazy old me was another lady called Sowmya, who'd arrived early too. The first of the meet planners I spoke with was Karthik, who'd recently relocated Chennai and well, made me feel comfortable. Ha ha, when there's a minimal bunch of people & a lot of empty chairs and tables, it's easy to get comfortable. But sadly, I lost a bit of nerve as the crowd started coming in.

It wasn't the crowd, as much as the fact that there were a room full of observers that scared me. More importantly, there were some who were live twittering/blogging right at that moment. It's one thing be a silent observer/noter and another thing to be the subject of such an observation.

Which is why when we had the meet & greet session, I was not surprised that whilst I was proud I recollected tid bits of each person's self introduction: there were more who remembered my brief, rapidly nervous intro. I was in a room of intelligentsia, and it didn't help that I was reading Orwell's 1984 right around the meet. Tsk tsk.

How it all panned out: The beer came, and we drank, as a community. I got my anesthesia, and Big Brother went out the window. And as I spoke to everyone that came around, I met some very intelligent people. Who knew how to crack jokes, and laugh at them when someone else tried. Open minded, willing and talkative. I realized that this blog and myself as it's author has an identity crisis- what's the motive? what's the theme? what's your blog about?

Then came discussion time. We had some laughs, and some debates. Securing your creative output 101, and some debate on monetizing from your blogs. I learnt that this baby, that's been growing for these 5 years is at risk too, of people who do more than just read it. And being the communist that I am, I'd never monetize on my baby.. though I don't think I'd reject the idea of fame :) My last thoughts on those debates though- to each his own. Do what you want. This media is an open, free entity. Let's treat it as such, and impose only creative control.

How it ended: Then almost too quickly, it was time to go. Some rushed out the door, others lingered. I left, and while I was waiting for a friend, another new friend came over and we had a very enlightening chat about life. lol. Nope, it wasn't that, but it was a chat still. And off I went to KFC after that, with contact cards in my bag (maybe I should get a set before my next meet), a sheet of paper with comments and blogs to explore (I've been very bad this week, haven't really browsed) & and a wish to return to the next meet. Which I hope is as soon as possible!



thank you to the blogging team, for a wonderful meet :)

Comments

Hitesh said…
this is nice.....i knew you were earlier.....i was too ...i saw you wandering around....i didn't knew you were ther for Indiblogger...else we could have talked.....

i was there more than one hour earlier...and was calling friends to kill the time... :)

the meet was awesome.....it was the second....i attended and much better than the last one.....
though free beer wasn't for me..... :)

met some really interesting..ppl...you can count yourself as one of them.......

hope to be here again.....

\,,/
Hitesh said…
hey,
even i'm waiting to blabber abt my exp. ther.....it's been more than a week......but better late then never....may i'll do it today...

:)
Sweet of you to mention me. Thanks :)
aceStreamin said…
atleast leaving late helped ...u got to have an interesting conversation with a weird person :P....btw...commie..interesting

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrations

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 16 ; the sixteenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . It was a hard ground that felt like sand paper. When he started his journey, it was the soles of his feet that were in contact with the ground, but now as he pulled himself closer to the station, it was his whole body. His elbows were scraped, bloody and fresh scab peeled bled out to leave a trail of red on the wicked hot dusty ground of pain and suffering. All around him slow moving bodies crawled towards the direction of hope, all along leaving patterns of blood, sweat, skin and pus. These bodies had seen civil wars, droughts, genocide and lived to tell a tale of a people who now belonged to a nation listed as one of the poorest countries in the world. This is now, but before the list, was a struggle of massive proportions, under reported and quietly hidden

Escape

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 10 ; the tenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . The Temple Widow A narrow dirt path, generously peppered with tiny pebbles, tiny miniatures of their gargantuan ancestors, leads to a bridge. It hangs, rickety and old. Old but not well used, old like abandoned and not frequently used. The bridge hangs low over a small stream that slowly gurgles past, happy unlike those that visit the place. The bridge leads to a temple. It is not very big, only perhaps the size of a small hut and at the most the size of an average temple hall. The temple has no deity; the temple has no one corner that doesn’t look like the other. It is clean, well swept, and empty. It has no furniture, and excepting a series of well spaced out windows, the walls remains uninterrupted. She stumbles in, the lady. She is not very tal

Time Travel

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 8 ; the eighth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . I haven't got the memory of a vedic tantric. Neither do I ever claim to remember all. All I know is what I know, question my memory if you want to. I don't ask you to remember, I don't ask you to believe. In fact, I'm not asking you for anything at all. It is your choice to be here, to read this. So no, I don't owe you a favor. I happened to chance upon a watch, on one of my travels. Turning the dials of such a watch, could transport you to the past, to the future, to any time. But time, my friend, is not how you think it is. It is not a straight line, and you cannot just by chance hop into the world of dinosaurs and wooden weapons. It is a series of transparencies, like films of clean sheets of paper laid on top of each other. You look from above